- Suggested readings
- Domain name for Pub/Sub to push messages
- The domain name/IP address are both accessible from the public web.
- You can apply for qualified SSL certificate at SSL For Free.
Cloud Pub/Sub supports push and pull message delivery. In this post, we would dive into
Cloud Pub/Sub supports push and pull message delivery. In this post, we would dive into the
Now lets get into the hands-on!
# Clone repo and restore dependencies
$ git clone https://github.com/life1347/go-google-cloud-pubsub-exmaple.git \
restore dependencies with godep
$ go get -u github.com/tools/godep
$ cd $GOPATH/src/tachingchen.com/googlePubSub && godep restore
Google Cloud Pub/Sub is a messaging service which lets independent applicaitons exchange messages with Publish/Subscribe model with others. There are pros and cons when using message servcie as a messaging middleware:
- reduce coupling between applications
- use message queue as buffer to hanlde large message request
- publish/subscribe to different topic depending on the situation
- the instantaneity, ordering and duplication of message are not guaranteed
- understand how the message is being delivered to avoid unexpected behavior of applicaitons.
Here are couple things that we may consider before choosing which message service to use:
- performance of message delivery
- scalability, reliability and availability
Hexo is good, but generating speed I used Hexo, which is written in Node.js, to generate static web files and used OpenShift Node.js cartridge to host the files. It took almost 10 sec to generate for just 5 posts. On the contrary, Hugo, written in Go, generates all static files within 1 sec. That’s 10x fast than Hexo! In the following paragraph, we’ll go through the steps to create our own OpenShift DIY cartridge and run Hugo on it!